Little Sahara Sand Dunes in Utah
Where are the little sahara sand dunes?
The best way to explain where they are: near Nephi, Utah. It takes about 90 minutes to get to the Sand Dunes, from Salt Lake City.
When is the best time to go to the sand dunes for photos?
Early in the morning, before 9 am. You can also go in the evening, right before sunset, but then you will be leaving the dessert in the dark, and I just don't love that. A lot of people camp on the dunes in the evenings, so the space is a little more secluded in the mornings. Any time that you do plan to go, I would not go alone!
These photos were taken between 10am-12pm in July. It was too hot, the sand was so hot, and the sun was a bit too intense. I definitely recommend earlier in the morning!
How to prepare for your session at the sand dunes:
- Wear comfortable shoes that cover your whole foot, because the sand can be very hot, and full of sharp weeds.
- Bring lots of water. It is a desert.
- Bring toilet paper, and soap and a towel to was your hands, because the vault toilet doesn't typically have anything.
- Do not plan to off road unless you have a desert crawling vehicle.
- Bring cash for parking! I believe parking costs $20, but I would bring $5 bills incase it is less.